We’re Hiring Two Production Assistants – Summer 2024 Student Positions
Production Assistants – Summer Student Positions
Want to gain valuable job experience with the largest entertainment event on Halifax’s summer calendar? We are hiring two Production Assistants to help us produce the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo. Chosen candidates will work with the Tattoo production team to assist with marketing and administrative activities associated with the 2024 show.
Students will be mentored and trained in the time leading up to the actual production and will assist with organizing promotional activities, generic advertising, media interviews, researching and writing articles and will assist with organizing media events.
Administrative duties may include answering telephones, greeting guests, inputting data and creating performer identification tags, updating spreadsheets, running errands, emailing, filling, packaging and posting merchandise orders.
Applicants should have a working knowledge of MS Office 365 programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applicants should be active on social media and able to assist with content creation and management of the Tattoo’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Spotify).
- Experience with video-editing, photo editing, graphic design and production will be considered an asset.
- Support the maintenance of the Tattoo’s Online Shop via Shopify, including implementing new products and promotions, ensuring details are up to date and providing additional support as needed.
- Support the Tattoo’s supplementary events including the Tattoo Festival and Canada Day Parade with marketing, communications and logistical tasks.
- Provide office administrative support as required.
- Provide volunteer program support as required.
- Applicants should be personable and willing to work under tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Applicants should have sound written and oral communication skills with keen attention to detail and creativity.
- Applicants currently enrolled in a Marketing/PR degree program and have a working knowledge of MS Office programs will be preferred.
Term of Employment: 10 weeks beginning April 22.
Interviews will take place in late March.
Eligible students must provide proof of post-secondary enrolment for September 2024 classes.
If you are interested in this summer student position, please attach/submit a thoughtful letter explaining why you are qualified.
Please also attach/submit your résumé.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews may commence while the job posting is active.
The Tattoo is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity-seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, African Nova Scotians, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the 2SLGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society. If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter.
All applications will be reviewed by the Tattoo management. If management sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo.
For more information about the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo please visit www.nstattoo.ca.